The MaskOrIP2Integer Functoid is used in combination with a special type of join to associate IP adresses with other values like Locations. We assume that:
- there will be a table that contains information of a device or system including IP addresses.
- a table or text file will be created that contains locations and an IP mask for that location
The MaskOrIP2Integer Functoid is connected to the IP address of the table that contains device and IP address information and a MaskOrIP2Integer Functoid is connected to the IP Mask of the table that contains the mask and location information In the next diagram task the two tables, now both containing the output of the MaskOrIP2Integer fields, will be joined by that 2 fields. The join type will be "Matches subnet" Inputs with their allowed values:
- Literal text entered manually
- Output of another Functoid
- Value of a Table (most commonly used)
Picture of the MaskOrIP2Integer Functoid
None. Example: Diagram task 1 with Table1 and MaskOrIp2Integer Functoid1 See Figure 1.
Diagram task 2 Table2 and MaskOrIp2Integer Functoid2 See Figure 2.
Diagram task 3 with the results of Diagram task 1 and Diagram task2
Create a join from addressvalue to maskvalue. Double click on the join and from the operator value list select the "Matches subnet" option as shown on Figure 3. See Figure 3.
Use the Import and View Last button to see the results as shown on Figure 4. See Figure 4.