Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
The Microsoft SCCM connector is the import connector for importing SCCM data into the TOPdesk Asset Management module. Import your assets from your local SCCM installation into your SAAS version of TOPdesk. By defining the desired data in a so-called model, the connector is able to send it via the Server Connector to your TOPdesk instance. By using the unique concept of models you can edit the SCCM data in such a way that it meets your standard. The connector can update all possible field types with your asset. You should think of strings, integers, boolean, pick lists, but also linking people or locations. The differences are determined locally by the connector so minimum traffic and always up-to-date asset information. In addition to SCCM, the connector can also read information from any other MS SQL based inventory software.
For the SCCM – Topdesk Connector we have 2 default models, Server and Workstation.
These models need to be present in the New Asset Management Module in TOPdesk as Template. Adding templates and adding attributes to templates isn’t available via the API.
The difference between Server and Workstation is the value in the column SystemRole0 in the SCCM table System_DATA (filter in model). It contains the value Workstation or server.
These fields will be default ‘extracted’ from the SCCM database.
- Name (Asset ID) String Name0 from table v_R_System
- MAC address String MACAddress00 from table Network_DATA
- IP address String IPAddress00 (1st value) from table Network_DATA
- Serial Number String SerialNumber00 from table PC_BIOS_DATA
- Memory (GB) String TotalPhysicalMemory00 from table PC_Memory_DATA (calculated GB from KB)
- Computer Brand String or Drop-down* Manufacturer00 from table Computer_System_DATA
- Model String or Drop-down* Model00 from table Computer_System_DATA
- Number of Processors Number NumberOfProcessors0 of view v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM
- Operating System String Caption0 from table v_GS_OPERATING_SYSTEM
- Virtual Machine Checkbox Is_Virtual_Machine0 from view v_R_System (true or false)
*To use a drop-down list all used values need to be present in the drop-down list. We can’t add values to the drop down list.
Extra attributes to the model.
We can add many attributes to the default model if these attributes are available in the SCCM database.
Example: When you add description, location to the active Directory System Discovery Method we can add them to the model.
In this example description is mapped to summary and location is Assigned as site.
We can use the following types to TOPdesk
- Drop down
And the following assignments
- Branches (Site)
- Locations (rooms) The name of the room should be unique across the sites
- Person Groups